- Men & Wheelchair Depiction
- Black with Raised White Text & Graphics
- Approximately 6″ x 9″
- Sign includes raised braille text
- Easy To Read
- International Symbols
- Durable Plastic And Graphics
- See Mounting instructions below
- Meets US Federal Law Signage Requirements for Character Height and Proportion, Raised Symbols and Braille Finish
ADA Standards require all signage in public accommodation facilities to meet the following requirements:
- To include tactile characters & grade II braille.
- Meet size specifications.
- Meet placement specifications
Ideal For All Public Facilities:
Mounting Location and Height. Where permanent identification is provided for rooms and spaces, signs shall be installed on the wall adjacent to the latch side of the door. where there is no wall space to the latch side of the door, including at double leaf doors, signs shall be placed on the nearest adjacent wall. Mounting height shall be 60 in (1525 mm) above the finish floor to the centerline of the sign. Mounting location for such signage shall be so that a person may approach within 3 in (76 mm) of signage without encountering protruding objects or standing within the swing of a door.
This tactile/braille sign is based on our interpretation of the ADA Standards for Accessible Design as it applies to permanent rooms and space identification. No warranty is implied.